We last updated our policy on 23rd March 2023.
1. Information about cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you access our app or website.
There are 4 different types of cookies:
- Strictly-necessary cookies (required for the app or website to run). These allow you to do things like log in securely.
- Performance cookies (which measure how many visitors use our app or website, which pages they visit and how they interact within them). These help us to improve our app and website.
- Functionality cookies (which remember specific visitor’s preferences for the way they use our site, e.g. language settings or font size).
- Targeting/advertising cookies (these collect information about individual visitors that enable us, or third parties, to provide relevant advertisements to those who have visited our website)
Our app and website may use each type of cookie in order to:
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- Improve our services
- Recognise you whenever you visit this website and distinguish you from other users of our site
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our site
- Provide you with advertising that is tailored to your interests
- Carry out research and data analysis to help us to improve our content and services and to better understand our customer preferences and interests
Your web browser places cookies on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about you.
We have set out specific details of the cookies we use on our site in section 4 below.
Like many other apps and websites, third parties may also set cookies on our website. These third parties are responsible for the cookies they set on our site and we have no control over them. For further information on how their cookies policies work, please visit their websites.
You can manage cookies yourself.
You will need to visit the web browser’s site to manage, but for ease we have provided links to popular browsers below:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
For further information about cookies and how to manage or disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org.
Please also note that if you change/block cookies then:
- some parts of our app or website may not function properly or as well as they otherwise might;
- changes will apply across all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies only from particular websites); and
- the settlings that you change will only apply on the device on which you change the settings and will not apply across all other devices that you use.
We have set out below details of each of the cookies on our site, a description of what they do and, where relevant, external links that provide more information about them:
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
- WordPress Essential Cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.